2018 FRIDAY 1-day
Age 8 to 12, 9am-2:45pm
(Note: no Aftercare on Fridays)
Doing FRIDAY CAMPS is a great choice for families that can't manage doing a full week of daycamp commuting. So just drop off the kids at camp, and then go hit the beach in Santa Cruz!
The Blacksmith Shop will be open during your all-day Friday Summer Camp. Our Mentors have softer metals for younger kids to pound. Students may also do all of the other fun daily activities:
Fridays may also include:
- Fire Making
- Expert Survival Skills
- Hammer & Nail Forts
- Child-directed Projects
- Deep Hole Dirt Digging
- Tree House Construction
- Toy Making & Engineering
- Forest fun with Plastic Axes
- Campfire Cooking & Safety
- AdventureLand Playground!
- Forest Ziplines and Slacklines
- Lasso Marksmanship & Rope Swings
- Please get your dates before each camp is full.
- Every Friday features Blacksmithing Classes for various age groups!
Week #1 Friday (FULL)
Week #2 Friday (FULL)
Week #3 Friday June 29
Week #4 Friday July 13
Week #5 Friday July 20
Week #6 Friday July 27
Week #7 Friday August 3
Week #8 Friday August 10
2018 Friday Blacksmithing:
- Blacksmith a Tomahawk.
- Cold-hammer copper.
- Make an iron Adze for woodworking.
- Carve wooden handles.
- Learn how to rivet your tool.
- Cold-hammer mini Ninja Swords.
- Big Kids can blacksmith a knife.
- Each Friday is a stand-alone camp, so feel free to choose any date.
- Note that the 5-day Monday-Friday AdventureLand Camps already include this Friday Camp.
- Limit of 8 kids per week may sign-up for 1-day Blacksmithing Camps.
- Kids may advance to higher levels by repeating the Friday classes.
Please note: Tribal Wisdom Academy is a summer day camp, 9am to 2:45pm, Monday to Friday for 8-weeks each summer. And the 1-day Blacksmithing Camp is simply part of what all of our camp kids get to do on Fridays. See our Summer Planner Page for how your child may attend the TWA day camp for 5-days, 4-days, 1-day, or half-days. (It is all the same ONE camp). The Friday cost is higher because blacksmithing is added to the standard daily program. Please see the videos on this page.