Important Info for Parents 2018
Hello August Camp Parents and Fall Class Families,
If you have paid for a camp or class with our website PayPal Button, please make sure right now to fill-out the Waiver/Registration page (if your haven't done our 2018 Waiver for past camps). The Waiver is required now, so that we can make our camp roster. Thanks!
Be prepared for cool mountain mornings and hot afternoons!
Click HERE for the weather report.
Please wear non-logo shirt, jackets, hats, etc. Logos that are not owned by TWA will greatly complicate our videos. Thank you.
On the weekend before camp, please read our updated Student Behavior Contract with your child to make sure that your child understands the important safety rules. This printable PDF also contains a list of what parents pack for their child, including a good lunch and THREE water bottles. Your child will have fun using our noon campfire to warm-up the lunch that you pack for them. (No nuts. No raw meats. Lunch suggestions include 2 or 3 hotdogs or pre-cooked chicken pieces, bread rolls, uncut fruit, and a maximum of two regular-size marshmallows). Please see the Student Behavior Contract, it's fun to read and alerts kids/parents to Poison Oak and other safety concerns. Parents are asked to have their child sign a printout of the Behavior Contract, and to keep it in their child's backpack.
PARENT SUPPORT 408-898-8177 (Devin's TWA Camp cellular): TEXT during weekends, or Call/Text 8am-5pm during camp days.
It is a good idea to add Claire Walker, email@example.com and Devin's TWA Camp Phone 408-898-8177 to your phone contacts and VIP Favorites, to ensure that we can contact you for medical or behavior issues.
Our E.I.N. (Employment Identification Number) is 47-1937599, Tribal Wisdom Academy, LLC. PO BOX 1086, Los Gatos, CA 95030.
MEDICATIONS may be packed by parents in a ziplock, with a note on usage and the child's full name. Give this ziplock to TWA adult staff at our parking lot Sign-in Table. The note should say if parents want us to keep the medication at the camp overnight for the entire week. (Our locked medicine chest is not refrigerated, but under 78 degrees).
- Please pack a good lunch and 3 water bottles. We will have a campfire at noon.
- Drop-off is between 8am to 9am in August: Please walk with your child to the Tribal Wisdom Academy Forest Campus (follow the green ribbons) to directly drop off your child. And sign-in your child with adult staff wearing the green TWA shirts.
- Note the One-Way traffic signs, drive the correct direction 24/7.
- Please use the main parking lot and READ the SIGNS.
- No stopping or parking on our narrow roadways. Big trucks don't wait.
- Re-enter Hwy 17 patiently, and without blocking the incoming driveway traffic.
- For driving directions please use Google (not Apple maps): just Google “Los Gatos Farms Drive”, no street number or city name is needed.
- Or if this is your first time at the farm, see our Location Page.
- August pick-up time is 1pm sharp at the TWA Forest Campus.
- You will see the YELLOW TWA BANNER on the left side of the driveway as you drive to the lower parking lot. See photo above.
- In August please ARRIVE by 12:45pm and park in the same area as in the mornings, without blocking any roads of course.
- Parents doing August Pick-up: please walk to the Tribal Wisdom Academy Forest Campus between 12:45 and 12:55pm (follow the green ribbons) where your kids will be departing for home at 1pm.
- Please only take photos/videos of your own child.
- Parents who bring along another child during pick-up: Siblings cannot wander the Forest Campus. The parent or guardian may add the child's name to a waiver HERE. Then still ask our staff what the sibling can do on campus (at 12:45-1pm only). And the parent must stay within arms-reach of the sibling. Our camp is an outdoor woodshop that requires each camper to be trained in safety procedures.
- August parents must leave with their child by 1pm. Please don't tour the farm or visit animals after this time. The safety staff will be off duty.
Each child, infant, and each sibling or friend of any age who enters the property must have their name on a waiver (usually done when you register for camp). Please add extra kids by clicking HERE or text this link to the parent: https://form.jotform.com/80261409001139
Ages 7 to 11+
Daycamp 8am to 1pm
Mon-Tu or Mon-Thurs
#9. Aug 13-14 (Open)
#10. Aug 20-23 (Open)
#11. Aug 27-30 (Open)
AdventureLand Maker Camps:
Ages 8 to 12+
Daycamp 9am to 2:45pm
#1. June 11-15 (FULL)
#2. June 18-22 (FULL)
#3. June 25-29 (FULL)
#4. July 9-13 (FULL)
#5. July 16-20 (FULL)
#6. July 23-27 (FULL)
#7. July 30-Aug 3 (FULL)
#8. Aug 6-10 (FULL)
(Also see our 2018-2019 school-year CLASS for ages 7 to 11+)
Buy a Camp Shirt ($12)
The Camp Store is open daily during camper pick-up time. Use cash, check, or the below PayPal button. Then see Devin when you are at camp.
Quality 90 percent cotton T-shirt with our super cool logo! The color is Raccoon Grey for your Little Rascal.